We’re Back June 1st!
We hope everyone has been safe and healthy over the past several weeks. We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our practice in Downtown Cincinnati! We’ve developed a new protocol and additional safety measures to help decrease the spread of Covid-19 in our dental practice.
If you have an appointment already set up for June:
We will be keeping your appointment time as scheduled.
If you had an appointment scheduled during the stay at home order that had to be cancelled:
We will be in touch to reschedule your appointment in the coming weeks. If you don’t want to wait for our call, feel free to call, text (513 241 1477) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us to reschedule. Our first day back on our regular phone schedule will be Thursday, May 28th.
If you are new to us:
Yes, we are accepting new clients! We do same day appointments for people in pain or those who have broken front teeth, and are currently scheduling for exams, cleanings, consultations, and second opinions. Feel free to call, text (513 241 1477) or email (email@example.com) us to discuss your questions, concerns, and goals with our team of professionals. Our first day back on our regular phone schedule will be Thursday, May 28th 8-5. After that we will be available by phone M-R 8-5.
The Safety of You and Our Team is Top Priority
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
2. We have never double booked our schedule which allows us to minimize the number of people in the office at any given time. We will continue this practice and ask that you keep your appointments as much as possible. If that is not possible, we need at least 48 hours notice. This will help us maintain this policy going forward.
3. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
4. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
5. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
6. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
7. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
8. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
9. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
10. Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
11. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
12. Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
13. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
14. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
15. Air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
16. Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
17. New visors for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs, masks worn at all times by all team members, not just during procedures.
18. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures including the use of extra suction devices.
19. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
20. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
21. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
22. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
If you have additional questions and concerns, please reach out either by phone, text, or email, that’s why we’re here.